“Are you Ready, Are you Able, Are you Willing?”
There is something for everyone to do.
November 17th 8am – 4 pm (Lunch included)
Sierra Vista United Methodist Church
- ERTs are trained specifically to respond to disasters by providing caring presence in the aftermath of a disaster,under very specific guidelines that enables a team to be productive and caring while causing no further harm or being a burden to the affected community.
- Your commitment would be as long or as short as you are able to commit. For instance, ERT’s were deployed in the recent flooding in Sonora and now Llano. Folks were able to go up that morning and help and then come back in the evening. Teams will not be asked to work more than three days at a time
- The topics covered in the class include the who, what, when, where and how of doing disaster response ministry, as well as some hands on experience in the specific tasks that Early Responders are expected to accomplish in the face of a disaster.
- Your attending the training does not commit you to have to be part of a team, BUT in order to be part of a response team, you MUST have the training.
- Training includes a manual and lunch, so a $30 donation requested.
- Register at https://riotexasresponse.org/ert-basic
For more information contact Rev. Tamara Strehli-Hubert, firstname.lastname@example.org or 944-4041